Changes to the server

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you want these changes to be made to the server?

70% 70% 
[ 7 ]
30% 30% 
[ 3 ]
 
Total Votes : 10

Re: Changes to the server

Post  Admin on Wed May 05, 2010 2:34 pm

i'm the one you kids always try to ban
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 172
Points : 1165
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2009-12-28
Age : 29
Location : MN

View user profile http://clansn1.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to the server

Post  Rdz9 on Wed May 05, 2010 5:01 pm

I think i now know who you are,still not sure Very Happy

Rdz9

Posts : 8
Points : 0
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-05-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to the server

Post  TheBlade83 on Wed May 05, 2010 5:55 pm

Moar aim and fy maps would be great. When theres a few people on the server all we rotate is the snow and ak_colt_x. Yes it would be better without the dmg indicator and awp should be unrestricted. It should be restricted only for mittens lol

TheBlade83

Posts : 23
Points : 26
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to the server

Post  Admin on Wed May 05, 2010 8:55 pm

Rdz9 wrote:I think i now know who you are,still not sure Very Happy
-[SN1]- Mittens
AI R KEWT KITTEH
LIKE A BAWSS
IM ON A BOAT
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 172
Points : 1165
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2009-12-28
Age : 29
Location : MN

View user profile http://clansn1.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to the server

Post  Rdz9 on Wed May 05, 2010 9:22 pm

Hahahaha,no more names...? Very Happy

Rdz9

Posts : 8
Points : 0
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-05-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to the server

Post  Max on Sat May 08, 2010 1:34 am

remove dmg indicator = yes
unrestrict awps = meh, but i see how its important to do this. so yes
play maor aim maps = ofc, aim is everything

need snow still thou, vastly improved my close range combat o.o
avatar
Max

Posts : 9
Points : 13
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-05-08
Age : 24
Location : canada~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to the server

Post  Admin on Sat May 08, 2010 2:21 am

they got only one road in canada and i;m fucking wasted
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 172
Points : 1165
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2009-12-28
Age : 29
Location : MN

View user profile http://clansn1.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to the server

Post  shleeps on Sat May 08, 2010 12:02 pm

lol mittens. 1 road in canada and it happens to b a dirt road

shleeps

Posts : 55
Points : 19
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My Opinion.

Post  apples on Tue May 11, 2010 1:46 am

So I logged in yesterday, and have been seeing many changes to the server that I agree with, but also some that I disagree with, and here are my arguments.

1) Damage indicator off - great change, no detesting here. No more damage indicator means no more walling, especially in fy_snow and hackers will be easier to point out.

2) Unrestrict Awps - Undecided. Everyone knows that most elite players know how to use an awp effectively. Most elite servers allow awps, and it's an effective means for practicing with it in case [SN1] scrims another team. However..we must not forget that many people in our server have over 150+ ping, and anyone with less than 50 ping have an even greater advantage when it comes to using the awp. Lets face it, our server is not always filled with the most talent, the awps will only create an even greater disadvantage to those with high pings + starting off. It's sure as hell fun for those who know how to use the awp though Twisted Evil.

3) Starting off with low amounts of money - This was one of those changes that really irritated me. I am 100% against it. When you unrestrict awps and then start off with low amounts of money, something terrible happens. All the noobs run around with pistols because they can't afford a better gun, and the better players ALL have awps and its just target practice. You can argue that we have built a more "scrim type" experience in our server by unrestricting awps, lowering money, taking the damage indicator off. However, this is not a scrim server. This is [SN1]'s practice server. You can also argue that if you start off with high amounts of money then everyone's going to buy an awp. True, but if you start off with low amounts of money, only one team will dominate and only one team will have the awps.

4) Removing the balance player switch - I must admit, when I first joined this server, this auto balance that kept switching me from one team to another really pissed me off. However it created stability amongst the teams and kept people from leaving when people with 200+ ping had to face someone with 50 ping. I'm undecided when it comes to removing this, but I know how it makes all the laggers and noobs feel.

5) Removing of all commands. /rank, /timeleft, /nextmap, etc. I'm not sure if this is permanent or just temporary but it's absolutely retarded.

6) Admin powers removed. I don't know about all the other admins, but my powers have been removed and I'd like an explanation. I have been a fair admin, and as far as I know, haven't had any complaints in my regards.

Final Note: All these changes that I have seen (there are probably a whole lot more I haven't noted) are great when it comes to building an elite server and prepping our team for any future scrims. It creates a more unified and serious server, which promotes the players skill to a new level. However, do not forget our server is not secure. ALOT of noobs play in our server, people with 200+ ping play in our server. These changes only increase the segregation between the noobs and the elite players even more so than before. Every change, segregates this distance, and we should be prepared that many people are going to complain about awps, MORE people are going to complain about hacking and the game speed will drastically decrease.


Last edited by apples on Tue May 11, 2010 1:53 am; edited 2 times in total

apples

Posts : 17
Points : 16
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-03-11
Age : 27
Location : Calgary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to the server

Post  apples on Tue May 11, 2010 1:49 am

Admin wrote:
Rdz9 wrote:I think i now know who you are,still not sure Very Happy
-[SN1]- Mittens
AI R KEWT KITTEH
LIKE A BAWSS
IM ON A BOAT


Im on a boat HAHAHA..take a good hard look at my MOTHA FUCKING BOAT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avaSdC0QOUM

apples

Posts : 17
Points : 16
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-03-11
Age : 27
Location : Calgary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to the server

Post  Inca_Warrior on Tue May 11, 2010 7:24 pm

I agree with what he said about AWP's. They should stay unrestricted because it will make a HUGE disadvantage.Plus we have fy_snow and awp_india we play these maps often. And no more admins????? I don't know why Blackjack or Yungie did that but admins ban hackers and make a better game play experience, I personally would like my admin powers back because I've been fair and I enjoy playing on this server.

(to anyone reading this....)
DONT LEAVE THIS SERVER.

Inca_Warrior

Posts : 11
Points : 8
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-04-04
Age : 23
Location : Georga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to the server

Post  TheBlade83 on Tue May 11, 2010 10:40 pm

apples wrote:
Admin wrote:
Rdz9 wrote:I think i now know who you are,still not sure Very Happy
-[SN1]- Mittens
AI R KEWT KITTEH
LIKE A BAWSS
IM ON A BOAT


Im on a boat HAHAHA..take a good hard look at my MOTHA FUCKING BOAT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avaSdC0QOUM

Im on a boat mf dont u ever forget!

TheBlade83

Posts : 23
Points : 26
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to the server

Post  Crunkenstein on Sat May 22, 2010 11:01 am

I think you guys should also restrict m4/ak. It's not fair when someone knows how to use it goes against someone who doesn't.

As a matter of fact... Lets level the playing field here and make it knives only.

Crunkenstein

Posts : 28
Points : 14
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes to the server

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum